Programs for AdultsBeginning Experience Weekend is a Friday evening to Sunday afternoon program for adults grieving the loss of a love relationship through death, divorce or separation, who are ready to come to terms with their loss and begin to move forward with their lives.
This is the core program and the foundation of the Beginning Experience ministry. In some communities, the program is also offered in Spanish .
Pre-Weekend programs are for those not yet ready for the Beginning Experience Weekend:
- Coping is a six-week support program intended for the newly grieving.
- Encountering Life Alone is a nine-week support program for those whose grief is still in the early stages.
- Coping With Life Alone is a 6 - 10 week pre-weekend support program for grieving adults who are still in the early stages of their loss.
Post-Weekend programs for continued healing:
- Continued Beginnings is a six-week support program for those who have completed a Beginning Experience Weekend and which offers a further opportunity to address grief issues.
- Beyond Beginning Experience is a Friday night to Sunday afternoon weekend program to help adults who have completed the work of their Beginning Experience Weekend address issues in their lives as they move forward and beyond the grieving process.
Beginning Experience teams may also offer one or more of these additional post-Weekend programs for grieving adults:
- Rebuilding is a 10-week program based on material by Bruce Fisher and supplemented by videotaped material.
- Fully Human, Fully Alive is a 10-week personal growth program based on material by Father John Powell and supplemented with videotaped material.
- Happiness is an Inside Job is a 10-week personal growth program based on material by Father John Powell and supplemented with videotaped material.